Friday, March 30, 2012

Somethings I learned on my short vacation...

I got home safely late this afternoon and Morris met me at the door to welcome me home. At least he didn't turn up his nose and walk the other way like he does sometimes when we would come home from a trip.
Here are a few things I learned while on my trip this week:
  • I can travel on my own and have a good time although it is lonely and not the same as it was with Larry.
  • I can't navigate and drive at the same time in cities so had to resort to using the Garmin. I was always a really good navigator so Larry would drive in towns and I would read the maps. I got hopelessly lost in San Diego trying to drive and read maps at the same time so I pulled the Garmin out and powered it up.
  • Changing locations doesn't change the feeling of grief and loneliness - they are with me wherever I am for now.
  • For now, the house in Tucson is kinda like a cocoon to me filled with things that are important due to the memories they hold.
  • I just have to keeping taking it One Day At A Time for now and continue to give myself time to heal.

No comments: