I said yesterday that I was just trying to pretend this is just another business trip since it's my first trip without Larry. Well, it isn't working! It's not the same.... I got to the hotel, checked in, unpacked and went next door to the restaurant for dinner. Then back to the hotel room to fire up the laptop and check emails, etc. Things were o.k. up to this point. Now I would usually call home and talk to Larry for awhile while we compared our day. I miss that terribly and the evening looks very long before bed time. It was really good have a friend in the car during the drive over so it wasn't lonely. If I had been by myself, I would probably have spent the 6 hours being lonesome and ended up really down. I went up to the outlook stores at Cabizon today after dropping her off at her sisters in Palm Springs. While walking around the stores, I couldn't help but remember the last time I was there with Larry last June. We had a great time shopping and there are probably clothes in this drawers that haven't had the tags taken off them yet. It was kinda bittersweet to wander around the outlet mall by myself. But oh well........ I can't change things but can take it One Day at A Time and tomorrow is another day.
And yes, I'm feeling guilty for leaving Morris at home... 8-)
Monday, March 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment