I seem to always be busy and have a list of things around the house to do - far busier than I was with Larry. I couldn't figure out what the difference was until a lady at the support group last week solved the puzzle for me. She was talking about a friend who called and asked what she was doing to "keep busy" whick was an innocent question but kinda ticked the new widow off. She told the caller that there was a lot of things to keep busy with but she let us know how she really would have liked to answer the question. As she said, she not only does what she normally did but now has to do a lot of the things that her husband did as well. It was an "ah ha" moment for me and I know now why I'm so busy. I not only do all the things I used to do but now have to spray weeds in the yard, do the laundry which he always did, spot mop those @#$%^&* white floor tiles in the kitchen, deal with things around the house that need fixed, give attention to Morris and he does require quite a bit of attention, take trash out, etc. No wonder I'm so busy! But at least I know why now...
Today I went over to the insurance company to renew the car insurance, take Larry's name off the policy, make me the sole driver, etc. I should know by now that these things are not as simple to accomplish as they would seem to be. The policy was in Larry's name with me as a driver. Well, I can't cancel the policy without giving them a copy of the death certificate and the letter from the court in which I am the "court appointed personal representative" which I will have to go back and do on Monday. I'm just going to put a copy of those documents in the car and leave them for when they are needed. I had to take out a new policy since we weren't married. Things just aren't simple.......
I didn't go to the kidney support group last night and feel a little guilty. But...I was tired and just wanted to stay home after the emotional Tuesday evening at the Memorial Service. I'm also playing hooky from the Hospice Support Group tomorrow afternoon and going out for a late lunch with friends instead. Shame on me but I just need a break. Sometimes the one-on-one is much better anyway and I'm still seeing her every Monday. She has really helped me with tools to take it One Day At a Time through this whole process.
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment