Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ms. Fix-It

Even though I had been pretty self sufficient for 15 years before Larry, he was not convinced I could "fix stuff" after we got together. Mainly, because he was an absolute perfectionist and to me if it was good enough and worked, then my perfectionist streak never came out. However, I would spend hours on a document on the computer until it was perfect - I was just a perfectionist in different things than he was. I can't imagine using a 1/2" brush to do the top of a wall where it meets the ceiling just to make sure the line between wall and ceiling was perfect like he did but that was why I wasn't allowed to paint walls. Which didn't bother me at all.... 8-) Anyway, time ran out on him getting a drip line extended in the back yard to the last 2 containers. So I either had to do it, water by hand or pay someone to do it. I refuse to be one of those widows who is helpless so I tackled the task and it worked when I was done. In doing so, I discovered that Mr. Perfectionist kept all his irrigation drip line, connectors, heads, etc loose in a large shoe box. So, first thing I did was organize the shoe box and put things in little baggies... Interesting how what is important to one person doesn't matter to another. My next chore, after the wind dies down in a few days, is to blow off the back patio to get all the leaves from the winter off it. In the desert, you also have to periodically blow off the rocks in the yard to get leaves, little twigs, etc off it so that will need to be done at the same time. I've never used a leaf blower before but figure it can't be that hard. But first, I went to Lowe's and got a reel to put the extension cords on so they are nice and neat. Larry could coil them up really good just using his arm, like many guys can, but I would just end up with a big mess of tangled cords. It's all just part of adjusting to not having him around to do the stuff he did.

It was 3 months ago today that he passed on. I don't know if it gets easier or you just learn to deal with things better. But we're still taking it One Day at a Time....

No comments: