Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Odds n Ends of Aug 24th

McDonalds: There is a McDonalds about a mile from us just before we get on the cross-town freeway which means it's a frequent Hot Mocha stop for Larry. This place has to have the worst service of any McDonalds I have ever seen and believe me, I've seen a lot of them. It's on a small corner lot and there isn't much room for parking or drive-thru. On a typical morning, thee are 8-9 cars in the drive-thru which means that at least 1-2 cars are out in a busy street. They have a "security" person whose main job seems to be keeping the cars in the drive-thru moving so the street isn't blocked. They have a lot of people working inside yet they are SOOOOO inefficient! Plus...the person who takes the money should never have people contact with her disposition.

Wal-Mart Supercenter: I have become a believer in a store where I can buy a TV and steaks all in one trip! I've never lived where there was one of these before and was really surprised at the quality of the meat, produce, etc. I'll miss it!

More Thunderstorms: Poor Morris....we had thunderstorms last night and again this morning. Last night was a lot of lightening and thunder. He gave up his chair for a spot on the sofa that is as far away from the window as he can get and laid so he couldn't see the windows. This morning there wasn't any lighting but a bit of thunder. He was on the chair asleep and the thunder woke him up so he quickly moved. Kinda hard to believe that Little Rock has already had more rain this month than Tucson may get in a year.

Shopping: We have certainly contributed to the economy around here with our shopping. It's interesting that you can go to a dept store like Pennys or Dillards and there is such a different selection of clothes between different parts of the country. But oh well.....

No comments: