Well,,,Morris won another round this morning! I just didn't feel like getting up this morning so laid in bed all the way to 6:30 a.m. 8-) Well that was way past his breakfast time and he was not going to wait another 1/2 hour until I showered, dressed, etc to get his tuna. So yes, I gave in and fed him first. Then he goes back to bed for a nap.....
I met some girl friends yesterday for wine and pizza at our neighborhood pizza pub. It was nice to get out and do something "normal" even if we did review the obituary, memorial card and start making plans for the Remembrance.
I have had some phone calls from people that Larry used to work with and one was a partner in the agency at one time. I have never met him but know of him. Today I got a call from the person who bought the agency from Larry and his other partner. I really teared up at some of the cards I got today and had to have some more peanut clusters..... I seem to do o.k. during the day since I'm really busy with all the things that I have to get done, etc. My mind kinda says "he's at work or someplace and will be home later". I think the evenings are the worst. We would eat dinner and settle in to watch TV while reading the paper, etc. That empty chair is really EMPTY and I miss talking to him about something on TV, what we are going to do the next day, etc. Sometimes I comment to Morris but he is usually asleep on my chair's footrest (actually Larry's chair) and he gives me a dirty look when I wake him up. It gets empty in the office and I miss him not being at his desk with Morris looking out the window. Morris doesn't spend near as much time on Larry's desk as he used to. Sometimes I get a little panicky at the empty days and nights ahead and then try to remember One Day At A Time...
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment