Friday, December 23, 2011

Double Yuk!

I just wish I could go to sleep, wake up and Christmas would be over! If one more person wishes me "Happy Holidays"......... I had to restock my supply of peanut clusters today while at the store! I see that Starbucks is going to be open on Christmas so plan on walking up there since McDonalds will be closed. I've had lots of invitations but Morris and I decided to just stay home and do our own "non-Christmas" thing - whatever that will be. I cleaned Larry's desk off today. Actually, it had an inch of dust on it and then just decided to go ahead and clear it off since I'm going to use it because it is in front of the window. However, now it looks so bare and depressing. I thought if I used it then Morris would get back on it like he used to do and spend the morning laying in the sun. Gotta put something on it tomorrow.... I went to a Spouse's Bereavement Support Group today that is run by Peppi's House although the mtgs are at a different location. I think I will try the other one they have and see if it fits better... This one is mostly people in their 70's or more and most of them lost their spouse 1.5 - 2 years ago. I think it may have become a social event for some. I did get some good out of it so it wasn't a total loss. I sent the email out today letting people know when the Remembrance is going to be. Thank goodness I had my new stock of peanut clusters. Part of me will be really glad when that is all over and the other part of me says "what will I do then?" and that scares me because it seems so final and then I have to look down the road at a life by myself. One day at a time...

No comments: