Saturday, December 10, 2011
Another long day in the hospital
Today was something like the 13th day in the last weeks that we have spent in the hospital. Not much fun! They don't know if the severe back pain is from the brain tumors, or where the cancer has spread to the bones or something unrelated to the cancer. They are running blood test and did another CT scan this afternoon to compare the tumors in the head to the ones that were there 3 weeks ago. They gave him a lot of morphine for pain when nothing else would help but it was still pretty bad even with the morphine. He would get really agitated, delusional, try to pull out his IV and cather, try to get up, etc. I just lost it today at one point listening to him when they were trying to get him on the CT table and he was crying out from the pain. He has been in a deep sleep since about 3 p.m. when he got back from the CT scan. I noticed that there is a lot of his hair on the white pillow that has fallen out. At home, we have brown pillow cases so I didn't see it although I could tell that it was getting thinner. I was also rather emotional today since we had planned on getting married this morning at home but..... We got our marriage license last Tuesday before he got so bad. Last night we joked about doing it here in the hospital today by the Chaplin but he was just too out of it today. We wanted to do it while Jennifer was here. But sometimes things just don't work out... One day at a time..!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment