Friday, December 30, 2011

A day closer to two weeks.....

The funeral home called today to let me know that the death certificates had come back so I went by and picked them up this afternoon but haven't looked at them yet..... Maybe tomorrow.... It was a very nice dinner last night with the neighbor and yes, the evening was easier then I got home. It's nice to be able to talk to someone who has lost a spouse and learn from them. Even though we all handle it differently, the issues are the same. I talked to Larry's broker today and things will not be as simple as we thought they would be. Even though I'm beneficiary, there is still a lot of paperwork to get done and I'll need to go back to the attorney who did our wills and have him help me with some of it. I also got the paperwork in the mail today for his life insurance so that is more paperwork to take care of. Then their are the banks, house, car, etc..... All the paperwork should keep me busy for awhile... I got all the pictures printed and framed for the Celebration of Life - unless I decided to change some of them. I'll set them out on the table this weekend and see how they look and flow. I think that mentally I'm starting to gear up for next week. As I told the counselor on Tuesday, my emotions have scabbed over a little bit and the scabs will be torn off next week at the Celebration of Life service and all the motions will be raw again. One day at a time...

No comments: