Wednesday, December 07, 2011
Back on track
The machine was working today so radiation happened this morning - 7 treatments down and 3 to go. I asked the Doctor how many beams of radiation he gets per treatment. He said there is a beam that comes in from each side and it does the whole brain. There are too many tumors to do focused beams. Kinda interesting.... We see the same people every day since they are all scheduled around the same time on different machines for different cancers. One guy's cancer started in his tonsils which I have never heard of. It was good to have the house cleaning people here today and get the house all cleaned. They work in teams of 4 and go through the house like a whirlwind. One does bathrooms, one does floors, one does the kitchen and one does dusting, etc. The exterior of the stainless steel frig looks like new. I have a shelf full of products I have bought to clean it and could never get it looking new. They use a plain damp cloth (with just water) and then dry it with a rough, clean cloth. I couldn't believe it! After watching them work, I decided to take a nap this afternoon when Larry did. I usually feel worse when I get up from a nap and today was no exception. Of course UPS ringing the door bell about 30 minutes after I laid down and then a phone call an hour into the nap, when I was actually asleep, put a stop to the nap. But it sure felt good to just lay down on the bed and read. Radiation tomorrow and then we pick Jennifer up at the airport around 4:30. One day at a time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment