Monday, December 12, 2011
Plan for the day
Larry is about the same as he was when I left last night. I understand he got rather anxious in the night and was trying to get out of bed but they got him calmed back down and then he slept the rest of the night. There is a big dry erase board in the room and the "Plan for the day" is Pain control consult w/palliative care, Oncology consult due to low platelet count, Neurology consult for the stroke and a MRI which will have to be done with conscious sedation due to him being claustrophobic. As for me, emotions are very close to the surface. The staff here are wonderful - besides taking good care of Larry, they also keep an eye on how I am doing and are always wanting to know what they can do for me. I'm getting pretty good at typing with one hand since he won't let go of my hand. One day at a time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment