Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Another day
I spent some time this morning going through a couple of boxes of misc stuff that Larry had while looking for some things to use for the Celebration of Life. He sure didn't keep a lot of personal stuff! However, I did find his high school letter sweater from 1962 and it is in excellent shape. Cross country running was his thing in high school and he was very good at it. Had lunch with some friends today who are handling the lunch, etc for Larry's Celebration of Life gathering. Bittersweet lunch! They gave me some really good suggestions on things to do or not to do that day. I was going to try a different bereavement support group tonight but decided not to and will just stick to the one-on-one's with the counselor for the next 3 weeks and will then try the support groups again. I'm still mulling over some of the stuff she said yesterday. If I wasn't so personally involved in the process, I would find some of it interesting such as how the emotions come and go. Little things can trigger a good cry and other times the same thing won't especially bother me except for making me sad. I continue to be overwhelmed with all the cards and emails I have received and continue to receive. One Day at a Time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment