Thursday, December 15, 2011
Peaceful, restful, pain free sleep
I continue to be amazed at how peaceful he is here in hospice as compared to the hospital. He is in a peaceful sleep and no one is bothering him. They wanted to give him a bath today so before they did, they gave him his pain killer shot, waited a little while for it to take effect and then did the bath, changed his gown, gave him a shave, etc. He wasn't responsive but it didn't make him restless and agitated like that would normally have occurred in the hospital when he was in pain. There is some fluid build-up starting in the lungs and you can hear it when he breathes. They give him something to help dry it up and suction when needed. He is getting the shot of stuff to help him not reject the kidney which I am thankful for. Otherwise, he just sleeps which is the second day like this. It is soooooo good to feel I can leave here and don't have to spend all day here. I come in for awhile in the morning, then leave for lunch or errands and then come back for awhile in the afternoon. I go home around 5. Tomorrow a friend is coming by and we are going to lunch. I eat but I don't really taste it and I sleep but don't feel rested - but I go through the motions. I wasn't aware of it but I know 2 people who volunteer here at the hospice place. One will be in later today and one on Sunday. It is obvious that Morris misses his buddy. Last night, in the night, I happened to open my eyes and Morris was standing by Larry's pillow looking down at it as is to say "where is he?" Georgia sets in Larry's recliner when we are at home and Morris is right up there with her like he is with Larry. Morris doesn't like my recliner because the leg rest is open so I guess I will have to switch to Larry's chair where he can stretch out along side my legs and sleep which is what he likes to do. He has also finally gotten me trained to adhere to the feeding schedule he had trained Larry for. I continue to very much appreciate your email of support. They mean so much to me and I reread them for extra boosts of support when things are looking dark and I think I can't handle anymore of this. But.....One day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment