Monday, December 05, 2011
Machines!
About 10 minutes before we were to leave the house this morning for today's radiation appt, we got a call that the machine was down so they canceled us for the day. Apparently they run some testing every morning before they start and if anything doesn't come out o.k. then they can't do the treatments until a technician gets everything checked out. At least we didn't get there and find out it was cancelled but we were looking forward to finishing treatments on Thurs and now we should finish on Friday...we hope. They rescheduled us for 2:30 p.m. tomorrow assuming everything is up and working. Oh well....can't do anything about it. It was a long night last night since Larry woke up around 1 a.m., went to the bathroom and fell. He was finally able to turn over and get up with my help. At least he didn't break anything - only a scrape on his arm. The guy came today to install grab bars in the toilet area, raise the seat and install a grab bar as you step down into the shower. None too soon..... Of course after that episode, there was very little sleep for the rest of the night. A friend of Larry's for around 35-40 years came for a visit this afternoon and Larry really enjoyed the visit. After sleeping all morning, Larry was feeling well enough for us to all go out for a late lunch. That's the first time he has gone out to eat since he got home from the hospital a week ago today. Big decision for tomorrow is how short to get his hair cut... 8-) One day at a time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I should be there to cut his hair. I am trying to figure out how to get there. I will need to spend a few days, it can't be a couple of days and out. Excuse me if I sound self absorbed in my own pain, it is not like me; but I do not like this in any way. I want him to get well, I only trust a handful of people, wives do not count. I hope he doesn't fall down again. His body can't take alot of falls, neither can his wife. You start the chemo soon, let me look in the bible. I have heard things about certain passages in the bible have healing powers. I have always believed in God, not just when I need him. I will look and try to make some tapes and send them and you have Larry listen to the tapes. Please just do it, it's supposed to be about faith. I believe, you must. Love Jimmy and Misty
Post a Comment