Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another day....

Errands this morning got me out of the house plus I went to the mall for awhile. Out of the house = better day.. 8-) This afternoon I did some Internet surfing to figure out what to do in So. Calif when I go over there at the end of March for a few days to "just get away". A friend is going to Palm Springs so I'm going to drop her off there and go on over to the coast. I'm trying to find a hotel on the beach where I can sit on the balcony and watch the waves come in. Peaceful... Plus walk on the beach, etc. Going out to dinner tonight with the Widow's Club which has grown to 4 - all on my short street who have all lost their husbands. I tried the different support group last night and have mixed feeling about it... The age of the people there was nearer my age and some were even younger. However, the meeting runs far too long and the leader has a very different approach than the other one has. I'm thinking about sticking with the one-on-one and dinners with my neighbors... I think I'll give the first group that I attended another chance and see if I like it any better than I did the first time. I'm a big believer in support groups but it has to be the right mix. Tomorrow is Larry's Birthday and not looking forward to it..... But...One Day At A Time...

No comments: