
Today ranks up there as one of the most difficult days I have had to get through in my life! When I woke up this morning, I so wanted to just stay in bed and pull the covers up over my head. But, I dragged myself out of bed, fed Morris his tuna and then got into the shower. Georgia and I met Jennifer & family at 8:30 a.m. for breakfast and them came back to the house to get the final touches done. Flowers and food arrived followed by friends, neighbors and past co-workers. About 25-28 people attended and everything went just perfect so I worried for nothing. 8-) However, it was just incredibly emotional and my tears seemed to always be right there ready to spill over. After everything was over, the food was eaten, people were done visiting and everyone left - we headed for the zoo. The sunshine, exercise and mindless entertainment was wonderful. I couldn't stay in the house... Then we went out to dinner and came home by way of the Dairy Queen.... I have a lot of things to put away tomorrow but first we are going out to breakfast and to the Desert Museum for the day. Part of me is not looking forward to the the next few weeks/months of trying to rebuild a life but the other part of me is so, so relieved that the day is over and things can move on. One Day At A Time...

No comments:
Post a Comment