Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dear Larry,



Hi Sweetheart! Since you weren't here for my birthday, Toni, Linda, Nancy & Jane made sure that it was a good one and I wasn't alone. We went down to Tubac, did some shopping and then had lunch at the golf course. Here is a picture of the Pandora necklace "you gave me for my birthday".... 8-) I remember when you and I talked about starting a Pandora bracelet for me and decided not to because we knew I would want to fill it up quickly and that is very expensive. So...I did a necklace and plan to keep it with just the 5 charms. The one on the left says "Forever Together", next is your birthstone, then a pearl since we both liked them, next is my birthstone and it is finished off with your initial. In your absence, Nancy did a great job helping me choose which charms to get. There was a lot of changing them out and rearranging them before we got it right. I think you would like it!... Of course I also had to get a couple of the hammered pendants that we like.

The new catalog of classes from The Learning Curve came in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I decided to take some classes. Besides them being topics that interest me, they will get me out of the house and give me something different to think about. Tomorrow I start a couple of classes on Photo Composition from the person I took the Portrait class from. Next comes 6 weeks (3 hrs each week) of Journal Writing. I thought that might be interesting since I'm doing the blog. Then a couple of classes on doing art with Photoshop - or at least that's what I think it is about but is is about using Photoshop. I'm looking forward to them. I have also signed up for a couple of financial/stock market classes through Pima CC. Those are 1/2 day Saturday classes.

And then there is YOUR cat.... I changed brands of tuna and he and I both prefer Chicken of the Sea... I don't know why he likes it but I don't think it smells as bad so I like that. However, now YOUR cat is wanting tuna 3-4 times a day and insists on seconds if I don't give him enough the first time! He had you sooooooo trained and is well on his way to doing the same thing with me. As you know, he sits behind his dish and silently stares at you. After a while, you give in because you feel the "look". It's not like he is meowing and you can tell him to shut up - all he is doing is silently staring at you. I can imagine what his doctor is going to say when we see her for his annual check up next month! I can only hope he doesn't start gaining weight...

Well, Wednesday is the annual HOA meeting. I've been asked to stay on as secretary as you said would happen. However, I promised you I wouldn't do another year so have declined all requests. I've only agreed to keep Communications like we agreed on. So....life goes on One Day At A Time. Love, Darlene

No comments: