Tuesday, January 03, 2012
Things just aren't simple.......
Larry thought everything was taken care of and it would be simple with the way his brokerage accounts were set up, the will, etc. However, little things are starting to creep up that is going to take time and an attorney to resolve. I HATE this kind of stuff! One account will just roll over to mine but the other acct will require the will going through probate - not what he thought or intended. The attorney says "no big deal" but it is just the time, attorney's fees and frustration. Then I get a letter from Social Security saying Larry's estate is owed funds for a few days but I have to fill out a form and since I am neither his spouse or child..... I fall under some unknown category that isn't on the form so now I get to deal with them. And I haven't even started on the house title, car title or his bank accounts. At least all those were jointly held so they SHOULD be easier but I wouldn't bet on it. Grrrrrrrrrrr On to other things.... I had an appt with the bereavement counselor today and I really like what she had to say. We talked a lot about grief being such an individual process and that there are no templates that say this step takes so long, the next step thing takes so long, etc - it isn't a linear process but is more of a roller coaster. An example was going to the zoo last Sunday which was "moving on" but yet I was experiencing grief while doing so. Good stuff.... I've commented that Morris doesn't spend as much time on Larry's desk as he did when Larry was at the desk... Today, I'm doing this on a laptop that is on Larry's desk and Morris has been on the desk the whole time. Interesting... I have a long list of stuff to do in the morning and then Georgia arrives around noon. Friday is creeping up and my stomach feels it getting closer but I am trying really hard, although sometimes unsuccessfully, to take it one day at a time..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment