Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Sweetheart



I really, really missed you today... I have thought a lot the last few weeks about what to do for your birthday. I decided to take a bag of sunflower seeds and go out to our favorite picnic table at Saguaro Natl Park East. The plan was to feed the ground squirrels for you like you had so much fun doing. But first, I couldn't find your bag of seeds and peanuts so had to go to the store and get a new bag. I also picked up a diet coke and a big croissant. Then I had to get a new Parks Pass, once I got there, because the one we had was in your name. Remember how the last time we sat there for about an hour and not a single critter came for breakfast? Well, today, I put the seeds on the boulder and it wasn't 2 minutes until this little guy showed up. He ate and ate, took a break and came back to eat some more. While he was eating, I took pictures and ate the croissant remembering all those croissants we ate in Little Rock at the farmer's market. I left after about an hour but made sure there was still food there for any more of your little friends that might come by. Then I met a couple of the girls for lunch. I wanted to do things today that we might do if you were here and going to the park and having lunch seemed to fit the bill..... By the way, neighbors and the boys have noticed that Morris is now spending more time on your desk at the window looking out. He certainly is getting me trained! Both Morris and I are taking it One Day At A Time...

No comments: