Thursday, January 05, 2012
Dreading tomorrow
I have very mixed feeling about tomorrow's Celebration of Life for Larry. It will be nice to have friends and family with me as we talk about his life and remember the person we knew and loved. On the other hand, it is going to be SO emotional for me! All the emotions will be brought to the surface again. It isn't like I'm not letting them naturally happen but as time goes on they just naturally are not so close to the surface. I have written before about the emotions being like a wound that scabs over and then the scab is torn off again tomorrow. I did pretty well today when we went to the funeral home to pick up the cremains - but Georgia ( Larry's sister) being with me really helped. Everything is ready for tomorrow and I just want to get it over with...... Today Georgia and I went to the Degrazia museum and it was nice to get out in the sunshine. Then we had lunch and ran some more errands. Georgia learned to do text msgs today so she stayed in touch as Jennifer and family is driving down today. Everyone leaves on Monday and then it will be just me and Morris. One day at a time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment