Thursday, January 12, 2012

A so-so day....



I got a phone call from the mortuary yesterday that the "Thumbie" had come in and was ready for pickup. Here is a picture of it. I had ordered it when Georgia and I first went in to talk them before Larry passed away. So...they took his thumb print when they received the body, sent it to a company who made a wax casting of it and made it into a sterling silver pendant. It's his actual thumbprint. The stone is an amethyst which is his birthstone. I don't know how I will feel about wearing it but I really like it and am glad I have it.. On the back it says "Larry 1945 - 2011". I am really amazed at all the remembrance things they have.

I went to the bank today about the missing signature on the account. Apparently, the local bank transmits paperwork electronically to their paperwork center in South Dakota and it didn't get there. The banker here remembers us doing the paperwork but couldn't find her copy of it which was "transmitted" so was looking for it when I left. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! She pulled out a HUGH stack of transmissions from of a file cabinet drawer and was going through them when I left. Just about the time I think I have something taken care of, a problem crops up and I'm back to square one. I haven't even tackled the other account yet at the credit union. I can only hope it will go smoother but am not holding my breath. Tomorrow is the trip to Tubac, AZ for my birthday and then I need to start spending more time at home. Partly for King Morris and partly because I'm starting to feel that I'm planning stuff just so I don't have to be home with memories. It's a lot less emotional if I am out of the house and busy. I have a lot of things to do here at the house but have been putting them off so it's time to tackle them. One Day At a Time....

No comments: