Sunday, January 08, 2012
Dear Larry;
Hi Sweetheart.... Well, I made it through the Celebration of Life for you on Friday and it was one of the hardest things I have every done in my life. I could feel your presence there but all I had was your pictures to talk to. I think you would have liked it, and no one talked about you being the most patient person in the world... 8-) However, there were a lot of memories of you shared among the 25-30 people who were there. I finally got to meet Fred and John from Brown who came. Woodcutter Joe was there and I gave him the bottles of Prograf and Cellcept that you didn't use. Father Bill did a great job and it was hard to believe that you and he had never met by what he said. I talked about how we first met and how you would call me in Eugene if the truck load of pipe was 5 minutes late. Jennifer seemed to know just when I need a hug and some support. And then there was your buddy Morris.... He was so good! He made some new friends and visited with some friends he hadn't seen in awhile. And yes, he wandered through the middle of everything a few times when we were all sitting around listening to Father Bill. That afternoon after everyone was gone, Georgia, Jennifer, Steve and the kids went to the zoo to get out of the house and get some sunshine. You would so enjoy watching the lion cubs play... Yesterday we went to the Butterfly Exhibit in the morning and then out to the Desert Museum in the afternoon to see the Raptor Flight. By the way, I think the morning raptor flight is better than the afternoon one so you saw the best one. Everyone left this morning so Morris and I are in a very empty house! After Georgia backed out of the garage, I immediately closed the door and came back into the kitchen since I couldn't watch her drive away. I sat down at the kitchen table was looking at your picture when Morris jumped up on the table and started talking to me in cat speak. I'm sure his little squeaks were saying "don't worry;, we'll make it One Day at a Time." Love you..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment