Saturday, January 28, 2012

A better day..

In books written about grief, a lot is written about the "first year around the calendar" - other wise known as the first Christmas after the loved one has died, the first birthday, the first anniversary, etc. It may have only been 6 weeks since Larry died but since then I have gone through Christmas, New Years, my birthday, the day we celebrated as our anniversay and now his birthday. I've got 6 months before the next big one which will be the trip to northern California to see family. The trip to Missouri in April will be tough but I have been there many times without him so I don't think it will be quite as bad. It is hard to get through these "firsts" but it is just something that has to be done. I went back to the original support group yesterday and it was a very different experience that the first time so will probably keep going for awhile. I was thinking today that it doesn't bother me to go out to lunch, be by myself at night, etc. I think it is because I did that so much during the years when I was traveling. I know to take a magazine or something to do when eating out by myself. If I forget to take something, I play with the iphone.. 8-) Evenings are spent watching TV and/or reading just like they were all those nights in a hotel by myself. Never thought I would be glad for all those days and nights I spent on the road..... I wouldn't exactly say that I am looking forward to next week but I'm not dreading it like I did going into this week. Progress? But it's still One Day At A Time...

No comments: