Friday, January 20, 2012

T.G.I.F.

What difference does it make if it's Friday when you are retired? Well, in my case, it's because banks, agencies, etc are not open on weekends so I don't have to deal with estate stuff... However, I have a very long list of things to get done this weekend including sit in the recliner, watch some football and and be a bed for a cat who is very unhappy with me right now. I was gone a lot during the day this week and the two nights that I was gone really added fuel to the fire.... I know when he is upset with me because he ignores me, doesn't want any petting, etc - otherwise he pouts... Morris would do the same thing sometimes when we came home from trips. Today I received the 2nd packet from the broker this week with paperwork to sign and there is another one on the way. One generates another action so they can't all be done at the same time. I think we're getting close to getting it done - or at least I sure hope so! There is a wall in the kitchen where we always taped up Christmas cards and then took them down the day after Christmas. When we started getting "Get Well" cards back in November after Larry first went in the hospital , I put them up on the wall since it was good to see them when I walked in the door after 12 hrs at the hospital. Then after the diagnosis, they became "Thinking of You" cards sometimes addressed to me and sometimes to the both of us. Then came "Sympathy" cards with Christmas cards soon after. They all went up on the wall. I still get 2-3 "Thinking of You" cards a week and add them to the wall. As you can imagine, by now the wall space has grown to be quite large and is very full. Unlike me, I have not taken any of them down and look at them several times a day. Sometimes I just take in the whole wall and sometimes I look at a few specific cards and reread them. I mentioned this to the counselor the other day and her comment was that it "represents a journey that I'm still living." Interesting way of looking at it.... I just know that those cards help me make it One Day at a Time...

No comments: