You are probably looking at this picture and wondering what's the big deal - it's a cat laying on a paper covered desk. The big deal is that it's my desk and this is the FIRST time that Morris has ever laid on my desk in the 4+ years we have had him. From the time we went to the shelter to get a cat and Morris came over to Larry, he was Larry's cat and I was just a lowly servant who cleaned the litter box and provided legs for him to sleep on at night so he could get my body heat. Morris rarely set on my lap and ignored me in the office. Yet, he would follow Larry around all day and they were usually in the same room. Larry spent a lot of time on the computer checking stocks, playing card games, etc and Morris was right with him - either setting on his desk and looking out the window or stretched out on Larry's desk. It was so interesting to see the bond between them since Larry had NEVER had a cat before or even had one in the home. There was no doubt that Morris was grieving for his buddy and missed him terribly. But he is learning to adjust as I am. It looks like I've passed the test and will do as a substitute......Maybe those extra servings of tuna helped... As I have said before, Morris is returning to the window and comes over to my desk several times a day for attention and an ear rub. He's making progress! I'm optimistic that this week is going to be better than the last 2 weeks and sure hope I'm not disappointed! At least the last 2 days have been better but it's One Day At A Time...
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment