Saturday, January 07, 2012
Three weeks.....
I needed today! Jennifer and her family picked me and Georgia up this morning and first we went to breakfast. Then we headed over to the Botanical Gardens to visit the Butterfly Exhibit. Everyone was fascinated by the butterflies and being able to be so close to them. The butterflies especially liked Shane and he had one of the big ones on his hand for a long time. Georgia was their next favorite and she walked around the whole exhibit with one on the collar of her jacket. I got some incredible pictures! We walked through the gardens a bit and the kids got to see what desert plants looked like - especially the cactus. Then we drove out to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum for the rest of the day. The fresh air, sunshine, seeing the family excited by the new things they were seeing was really good for me. At times I felt like Larry was somewhere else (working?) and would just couldn't be with us and at other times it was like his presence was right there with us. Several times I saw something and remembered us seeing it before when we were there and tears would well up. Overall I did pretty good today until about 8 p.m. when subconsciously I started watching the clock. The closer to 10 o'clock it gets, the tighter my stomach gets and the closer the tears are. It was easier last week when I was in bed and asleep at 10 o'clock. 8-) I miss him so much! Tomorrow we are meeting for breakfast and then everyone is leaving for home. Then...Morris and I will be on our own with some wonderful memories to keep us company... One day at a time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment